The universe is an unfeasibly large place, filled with mystery. I feel awe struck with wonder when staring up into this vast cosmos, pondering the many possible phenomenon taking place in unknown corners of the universe.
In this tutorial I will be showing you how I made an abstract, space inspired, wallpaper. I will be using both Cinema 4D R11.5 and Photoshop CS4.
I’m going to give you a quick overview, for reference, of what we will be doing in the video tutorial.
1. Create the bubbly sphere in Cinema 4D
2. Add a special material to this sphere.
3. Add the inner spheres with a cloner object and assign a new material to them.
4. Add lights to the scene, change render settings, and render.
5. Open image in Photoshop and add star field.
6. Add the outer nebula glow that appears around the C4D render, and add the tag line.
Two resources that you’ll need:
A watercolor brush pack: BittBox
A Greek like font: Get Free Fonts
Let’s get started!
If you liked this tutorial, please don’t hesitate to share it!
My name is Arno Van Waeyenberg and I'm the founder of Designing Pixels. I'm currently 18 years old, I was born in Belgium, and I'm very much interested in computer generated imagery. My two main programs of choice are Cinema 4d and Photoshop which I both learned how to use on my own. I especially enjoy making art that uses both programs together in a harmonious way.